Wednesday, April 07, 2004

The other day Craig forwarded me what I thought was the tackiest, most tasteless invitation I had ever seen. So it goes:
One of his co-workers is pregnant and some of her friends at the office are having a baby shower/breakfast for her at the office today. (So far so good). They e-mailed everyone invites which contained the following (and I quote): "Please bring a gift (she is having a girl) or 10.00 to be placed in a card." (End of quote).

?!??!

Please bring a gift or $10.00? How tacky. I guess when Craig and I sent out our wedding invites we should have written on them, "Remember to give us a gift or minimum $100 cash". JEEZ! You just don't do that. It is a surprise for the girl who is having the baby so I feel kind of bad for her. I would be mortified if people had a shower for me and put that on the invites. When I got married, my sister, who was 16, organized my bridal shower with ten times more class and tact than that. And people give teenagers a hard time and say they are rude. Ugh.

End of Rant.

Ed brought it to my attention yesterday that I am the vice-chair of the Progressive Caucus. I had no idea. Hehehe, oops! And since the chair, Fritzi, is out of town for our next meeting I will be in charge and my first order of business will be to change our titles to something much more fun than 'chair' and 'vice-chair'.

Also, on a fun(ny) note, while I was out walking Po early yesterday morning, a guy in the park started chatting with me about Po. After a minute he opens up his closed fist to reveal a joint and says, "I don't suppose you partake in this type of thing, do you?". I told him my mommy told me never to take drugs from strangers.
Heh.

No comments: