Monday, January 12, 2004

Bah, ADOT tried to not renew my license! (Yes, I'm well aware that is a split infinitive; don't lecture me on it). They use my permanent resident card to give me my license, so when my PR card expires (as it does every year until the BCIS gives me permanent permanent residency), the BCIS sends me a new PR card and I go over to ADOT and they give me another license valid until my new PR card expires. So the BCIS is backlogged (by a year) and sent me an official notice that my card has been extended for a year from the original date on my PR card. So I march over to ADOT and give them my stuff plus the notice and the lady says, "We can't take this, it's not on our list of acceptable documents". And I thought, if the BCIS is okay with this (and they are HARD to please) then surely ADOT can suck it up. But no. So I tell her that the notice is the only thing I will get from them until they are ready for me to come to Phoenix and get a whole new card. It has my name and A-number on it and everything, I'm not sure what the problem was. So she goes to find her supervisor and they come back and they ask a few more questions about documents I have and the supervisor says it's fine, to go ahead and renew it. Thank you

I feel sick too. I felt worse yesterday. I woke up every 2 hours in the night. Not sure why, just did.

When I got home from ADOT I discovered Po had gone through the garbage and fished out a cake and eaten a bunch of it. He had also made a snack out of some, ahem, feminine hygiene products. *sigh* If he weren't so cute I'd kill him.

No comments: