It was a long day. It didn't start out that way. Gracie only napped for not quite an hour, then woke up and wanted to call Grammy to see if she was coming to Jessica's concert with us tomorrow. So come to find out Lorna fell on her shoulder while putting up Christmas lights and is on her way to Urgent Care. Luckily John was there helping her so he took her to Urgent Care. I aborted Gracie's Kraft Dinner and got her in the car and on our way to Urgent Car to meet John and take Lorna home since he had to leave. Then my cell rings and it's Lorna; she didn't want to stay at Urgent Care cause it was packed and everyone had the flu. So we all head back to her house and she calls her doctor while John puts on a movie for Gracie and I get her a snack. Dr. E said to come by the office and get x-ray orders and go to the hospital lab. So we did. Gracie loves the golf cart ride in the parking lot. After a minor accident with the golf cart (Cart Man floored it after I put Gracie on but before I had myself fully on - I was hanging on with one hand and only one foot on the cart - much to Gracie's amusement) we get in and wait. I needed to call Robin but I couldn't get service until I walked outside the hospital AND turned my POS phone off and on. POS Sprint while I'm at it. Ok, no I could get service but it was ANALOG ROAM. BITE MEEEEE!!!!.
So I call Robin and return to the x-ray waiting room and soon they call Lorna and I kept Gracie with me and she crawled under chairs and gave me sour looks (I knew that 45 minute nap wasn't going to be enough). So eventually Maggie appears with Lorna and says she will keep on the x-ray techs to do a wet read on the x-ray b/c Dr.E forgot to request one and a regular read takes 4-5 days. Exactly what you need when you have a potentially broken shoulder.
So I took Lorna, me and Gracie back to Lorna's and called Robin who showed up not too long after we got back there.
I called a few hours ago and Marty said nothing was broken, just badly bruised. That's good news.
I also got my flu shot. My arm is sore.
Now I'm baking cake.
Teresa sent me a fwd today about the perils of gun control. I sent her back an appropriate response. I still love her though, she's my best friend :) We got to have lunch together today too :)
I talked to my parents today. That always makes me happy :)
Yay for Aja e-mailing me - she found my blog! Aja is very cool.
I think I should be tired but I'm not. I think it's going to be one of those sleepless nights. Good thing I have 2 Glamours to read!!!!
Tuesday, December 09, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment