Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Craig and I are going out to have Chinese food on Saturday. I felt like it yesterday and Craig suggested we go out for it on Saturday, which coincidentally is Valentines Day.

I don't celebrate V-day. I never have.

I think it's ridiculous. I think Craig does too.

A day propagated by the card, flower, and candy industries that just stresses people out over what to get for someone else? YUCK! It almost has no meaning since you know if you have a significant other that he/she was all but forced into buying some tacky red heart-shaped box of candy and a sappy/cheesy card. The pressure to find the perfect romantic restaurant. The $80.00 a dozen you'll be paying for roses that will die in a week. ENOUGH!

If someone wants to tell me they love me or do something nice for me, then just do it WHENEVER the mood strikes you. That way I know they are doing it because they want to and not just because it's Valentine's Day and that's what is expected of them.

So on Saturday I will be enjoying both my eggrolls with plum sauce and the time I get to spend with Craig, and I'll be gloating at all the other over-dressed, over-stressed, bouquet carrying, candy-eating, card-reading couples I see who are only out that day because they are "supposed" to be.

No comments: