Friday, November 21, 2003

Where are the dead Canadians?

I am watching the news. The FDA is trying mightily to persuade people that Canadian drugs are scary and evil and we shouldn't under any circumstances import them. God forbid the U.S. provides easier access to affordable prescription drugs!! What would the country come to?? Is the U.S. not perfect??? SHHHHH, that's a big secret, don't let that get out, the U.S. thinks the rest of the world doesn't know that. *snicker*
As someone who has used Canadian prescription drugs for 25 years I can say firsthand that the Canadian drug and healthcare industry is VASTLY superior to the U.S. In fact, when I went to urgent care down here with strep throat the PA told me I didn't have strep throat and prescribed something called Duratuss. A few days later I (in extreme pain) went home to Canada, saw my regular doctor and was informed that yes, I did in fact have strep and that Duratuss is an old, outdated drug that hasn't been prescribed in Canada for almost 25 years. So I ask you, WHO has the better prescription drug research council? CANADA. WAKE UP AND GET YOUR FUCKING PIG HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES. That was directed at the FDA and a few select others btw, not you :)

So, back to why I started this. They had clips on the news of some FDA guy spewing his paranoia about Cdn drugs and then they had a senator who obviously thinks the FDA is a fucked up as I do and said "If Canadian drugs are so dangerous, where are the dead Canadians? Show me the dead Canadians.". Finally, someone has some common sense. That seems to be sorely lacking under the current administration.

Next thing we know Bush is going to be telling us that if we buy Canadian drugs, "the terrorists will have winned". I see dead people.

No comments: