Sunday, October 17, 2004

You know what pisses me off? Americans flocking to Canada to get the flu shot now that they have learned there won't be enough for them in the States. The local health unit is turning them away, as they rightly should, to make sure that Ontarians who have contributed to the provincial healthcare system get them first. After all the rude comments I have received about how Canada has a (GASP!) socialist healthcare system that can't possibly be any good, and prescription drugs from Canada can't POSSIBLY be safe, NOW they decide that they want our help and our medicine? Did you know most of our flu vaccinations came from France? I thought you guys didn't like France 'cause they refused to be part of the 'coalition of the willing'. Still want that vaccine now?

If, after vaccinating every Canadian who wants a flu shot, we have some leftover THEN, I am in favor of offering them to Americans (or any other foreign national willing to make the trip) who desires one.


These are the types of foreign relations the current administration is fostering. Don't like it?

VOTE

No comments: