I think I am usually a fairly patient, tolerant person. Tonight however, my line was crossed. Rob, Dan and I went extreme bowling. We were there for about an hour before a large group of people (with several small children) came along and started playing in the lane next to us. They put so many balls into the holder that they encroached into our little group of balls. I had selected my ball (I am picky about my ball) and had been using it faithfully for the past hour. Then one of the girls in the lane next to us decided to try my ball. They have like 8 balls right there but she decided to take mine. I figured, 'Well that's OK. As long as she and I aren't bowling at the same time it won't be a problem'. Then she proceeds to let her two little kids (I'm talking under 5 years old, in a bowling alley at 11 pm) shove the ball down the lane. It rolls into the gutter and gets stuck along with 2 other balls already in there. Fabulous. We had to wait for the worker guy to come get them out of the gutter. She didn't even apologize! So when my ball popped up out of the conveyer belt thing I took it and sat with it on my lap for the rest of the night. Then they resorted to taking Rob's ball! The nerve! And who brings little kids to a smokey, noisy bowling alley at 11 pm? GET A BABYSITTER. If you can afford to go bowling and buy as much beer as those people had then you can afford a babysitter for a few hours. It was good for alot of laughs though :)
Then Dan and I went to the Pop a Top to drown our sorrows and Dan bought me a drink (thanks Dan!). Our bad luck, it was karaoke night. 'Nuff said.
I am officially dubbing this the Bowling Ball Thievery Incident.
Sunday, August 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment